Sundays, 8 a.m. – Infants to 2-years-old
Sundays, 9:30 & 11 a.m. – Infants to 5th grade
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a visitor. Where do I start?
Visitors are asked to check-in at the Welcome Desk in the upstairs lobby. You will get more information about our current Orchard Kids programming there.
What happens if my child needs me during the worship service?
Parents of infants through kindergartners will be contacted through a pager you will receive at check-in. Children 1st through 5th grade will be escorted to you during the service.
Do you allow kids to come to the worship services?
Yes! We love it when children are in the worship services. If they get a bit too squirmy, feel free to bring them to the Family Room to watch the rest of the service.
Is there a private area where I can nurse my baby?
Our nursing room is upstairs in Room 134.
What do you offer for children with special needs?
Learn more about our special needs ministries.
Orchard Kids Volunteer Opportunities
If you regularly attend The Orchard and would like to serve in Orchard Kids, fill out the Volunteer Application (16-years-old and older) or the Youth Helper Application (15-year-old and younger). Questions? Contact Heather Safford, 224.764.4026, Director of Children’s Ministries.
Awana is a ministry committed to reaching boys and girls with the gospel of Jesus Christ and training them to serve Him. Awana clubs are a place where children 3-years-old to 5th grade can play games, memorize Bible verses and learn Bible lessons. We meet on Tuesdays throughout the school year.
Registration is now open for the fall!
Clubs: Tuesdays, September 10 – April 14
- Cubbies – Register here!: 6:45-7:55 p.m., Preschool (must be 3 by September 1 and be able to use the restroom unassisted) to 5-year-olds that are not yet in kindergarten.
- Sparks – Register here!: 6:30-8 p.m., Kindergarten to 2nd grade
- Truth & Training Boys – Register here!: 6:30-8 p.m., 3rd to 5th grade
- Truth & Training Girls – Register here!: 6:30-8 p.m., 3rd to 5th grade
Awana Volunteer Opportunities
Questions? Has your family been (or will soon be) blessed by adoption? If so, would you like to meet other adoptive families? Contact Stephanie Bucataru at 847.347.4654.
Members of The Orchard are welcome to participate in child dedication. Child dedication is an acknowledgment by parents that they have been entrusted with their child by God. It is also a commitment to teach, train and model godliness for your child—a pledge you are asked to take publicly, before God and our church family.
The next child dedication is Sunday, October 27. Please fill out a child dedication request form by Sunday, October 6 and attend the mandatory meeting on Sunday, October 13.
Questions? Contact Juliet Craig.
- Bonfire, S’mores and More: Saturday, October 19, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., More info here.
- Christmas Caroling and Cards for the Persecuted Church: Saturday, December 7, 5-8 p.m., More info here.
- Date Night: Saturday, February 8, 6 – 8:30 p.m., More info here.
- Feed My Starving Children and Dinner Together: Saturday, April 4, More info here.
- Arlington Heights 4th of July Parade: Saturday, July 4, More info here.