We are thrilled to have your family worship with us on the weekends! Please contact us to let us get to know your child’s needs and develop the correct supports for your family. Here are some helpful tips and information:
- The Director of Children’s Ministry and Special Needs will meet with families to discuss appropriate support for their child.
- If necessary and helpful, children infant to high school will be paired with a one-to-one aide in their age appropriate classroom during the 9 or 10:45 a.m. service.
- Volunteers will assist in facilitating the classroom routine, modifying curriculum when necessary and supporting your child’s behavioral, emotional and learning needs.
- Our desire is for your child to be loved, well cared for and to hear the truth of God’s Word in a way they can learn.
Contact Wendi Serna, 847.852.2204, Director of Children’s Ministries and Special Needs.
Special Needs Parent Network (SNaP’N)
First Monday of each month, September-May, 6:30-8 p.m., Room 110 at the Barrington Campus. We will resume on January 6, 2020.
Parents of children /adults with special needs gather for a time in God’s Word, prayer and occasional outside speakers. Volunteer caregivers are provided for all children/adults with special needs and their sibling.
SNaP’N is a place…
- To bring your entire family for FREE childcare for your special needs child/adult and their siblings – all ages are welcome!
- For parents to pray, read God’s Word, share, laugh and cry together! We have occasional outside speakers for encouragement or information.
- February 3: Hear from Steve Borgman and Staci Weber from Selah Healthcare: speaking on Positive Parenting Techniques
- March 6: Come learn from Mary Anne Ehlert from Protected Tomorrows: speaking on Charting the Jouney (government benefits, insurance, Wills/Trusts, Employment, Social Outreach, and much more!
Questions or would like to be added to our email list? Contact Wendi Serna, 847.852.2204, Director of Children’s Ministries and Special Needs.