God’s Hand At Work
In 1953, 43 people gathered for the first Sunday services in the auditorium of North School. In 1954, the group purchased the Methodist Church on Dunton Street. This was their church home for the next 15 years.
In 1968, the Village of Arlington Heights purchased the Dunton Street property for a new library. The members purchased a four-acre site at 1331 N. Belmont and in 1970 moved into their newly-built facility. On December 11, 1982, a tragic fire destroyed the Sanctuary. For the next three years the congregation met at Hersey High School and in 1985 moved back to its expanded home at 1330 N. Douglas Ave. A new 29,500 square-foot education wing was added in 2001.
In 2006, the membership made the decision to become a multi-site church. This decision became a reality when, on November 7, 2010, the former Living Hope Fellowship in Itasca reopened as The Orchard – Itasca. Shortly after, on December 12, 2010, after nearly two and a half years of holding worship services at John Hersey High School, the Barrington Campus held the first worship service at its newly renovated building, the former JFK Health World Children’s Museum. On July 2013, the Covenant Baptist Church became The Orchard’s fourth campus. The Orchard – Marengo’s official Grand Opening was held April 13, 2014. Our fifth campus, The Orchard – Northfield, launched January 8, 2017 at Christian Heritage Academy. The Orchard – Chicago, our sixth campus, held it’s Grand Opening on January 6, 2019.