Breakfast Before Business: The Generous Business
Orchard Ministry Development in partnership with National Christian Foundation presents Breakfast Before Business: The Generous Business on Wednesday, June 26, 7-8:30 a.m. at The Metropolis Ballroom in Arlington Heights. Hear from Jeanne McMains, J.D., Vice President of Gift Planning Services at the National Christian Foundation, on giving strategies with business interests. Complimentary breakfast included!
Attendees will learn:
- How to identify an effective charitable strategy to meet your relevant philanthropic goals, tax goals and business goals.
- How to capture multiple tax savings when gifting business interests to charity including S-Corps, C-Corps, LLCs and partnerships.
- Strategies for maximizing charitable giving as part of a larger business succession plan, while minimizing transaction challenges such as UBTI, excess business holdings, and controlling vs. non-controlling interests.
- The difference between using a Private Foundation and Donor-Advised Fund for (family or corporate) grantmaking and philanthropy.
- How gifting income-generating assets or business interests can be used to fund charitable endeavors optimizing charitable goals, business goals, and transition planning even long before a sale is contemplated.
The 1 hour presentation includes a Case Study Application and will be followed by Q&A. CE and CLE credit available.
About the presenter: Jeanne Lee McMains, J.D.
Jeanne has been a practicing attorney in the areas of estate planning, business succession, and non-profits since 1995. After owning her own law firm and practicing with a large Midwest law firm, Jeanne currently serves as the Vice President of Gift Planning with The National Christian Foundation where she assists families nationwide with achieving their charitable gift planning goals.
Registration is now closed. If you have questions, contact Val Hogan.
6 South Vail Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL
May 21, 2019 - June 26, 2019
June 26, 2019 - June 26, 2019
7:00 am - 8:30 am